Drew Stever is the 7th vicar (fancy word for intern) at St. Paul's Lutheran Church of Santa Monica. St. Paul's internship program is specifically designated to include, nurture, and train LGBTQIA+ students that are studying to become pastors. As part of the internship experience, interns are required to do a project. Queer Church is Drew's project.
Queer Church is a pop-up, one-time community of faith by queer folks, for queer folks, and the ones who love us.
Service at 5.
Pizza and conversation afterward, downstairs in the Parish Hall.
What to expect:
- Wooden pews and stained glass windows. Classic church.
- God-talk. (Belief in God is not a requirement to attend Queer Church.)
- Drag queens.
- The Gospel. Or, some "good news," for once.
- Maybe a little discomfort. Church is weird. The word "queer" is weird. We welcome that.
- Communion. For everybody. Really.
- Dancing. The gospel is lived out loud.
What not to expect:
- Forced conversion or sneaky evangelism. Gross.
- Policing what you wear, who you hold hands with, etc. You be you. (Just...please be clothed at least?)
- Your Nana and Papa's church service. (No shade against Nana and Papa. We're just doing things a little differently.)
Questions? Email Drew Stever at email@example.com